Sharon Knight at Soulfood Music Cafe
Sunday, August 18, 2013
7:00pm - All Ages
15748 Redmond Way
Redmond, WA, USA 98052
Betsy will be opening for Sharon Knight, and will also be backing Sharon on a few songs.
About Sharon: San Francisco songstress Sharon Knight is a Celtic folk singer in leather armbands. She plays octave mandolin as if it were an electric guitar and sings as though she means to summon a storm. Her penchant for combining fierce and gutsy bravado with ethereal beauty, a hearty dose of fantastical lyrics, and an obvious love of storytelling has inspired her own musical style, “Neofolk Romantique”. Although her musical foundations are solidly built on her Celtic heritage, Sharon has never been one to hold fast to tradition, preferring instead to look to her roots for inspiration and then chart her own path. That path often sounds less Celtic and more “Folktales that ran away with the Faeries at the turn of the century and took cover in an old trunk bound for the circus, which was then commandeered by pirates.” She likes it this way.
- Aug 12: Kenmore, WA - Tricky Pixie in Kenmore - Special Guest Leslie Hudson
- Aug 13: Silverdale, WA - Tricky Pixie & Leslie Hudson in Silverdale
- Aug 15: Portland, OR - Sooj, Betsy & Leslie @ The Sacred Well Portland
- Aug 16: Portland, OR - Sooj, Betsy & Leslie @ The Sacred Well Portland
- Sep 22: Dallas, TX - Vixy & Tony: Guests of Honor at FenCon 2017!